Week beginning 12th November
- Over the next three weeks our focus is bears…
We will be looking at them in both fiction and non-fiction books, starting with the story Peace At Last.
- We are also looking at light and dark. Please discuss things that give us light (natural and man-made).
- Compare fiction and non-fiction books; discuss contents pages in non-fiction books and why we have them.
- Continue to practise handwriting, we are working on c, o, a and g at school.
- Continue to practise 1 more than and 1 less than a number to 10 and above.
- Please revise all Tricky Words learnt so far to help your child remember the earlier sets.
As it’s getting colder, please send your child into school with warm coats that they can do up themselves. Also NAMED gloves and scarves. Thank you
Our learning themes this half term are;
Weeks 1 – 4 – Nursery Rhymes as theme with an emphasis on belonging and starting school, learning about routines in school and getting to know each other – all about belonging and being special. We will also look at Autumn and Harvest and colours.
Week 5 and 6 – the theme is dinosaurs, a continuation of Harvest and starting celebrations – we will be looking at what makes a good friend in this too and making friends.
Week 7 – Diwali – looking at festivals/celebrations linked to Harvest and Firework night and comparing India and the UK.
Week 8 & 9 – Electricity – looking at firework night and firework/bonfire safety, keeping safe around electricity, uses of electricity, light and dark – linked to Autumn and changes to when it starts to get dark.
Week 10,11 and 12 – All about bears – Bears and the dark (peace at last, sleep little bear, going on a bear hunt and goldilocks) we will look at families here too, caring for each other and the environment and colours in the natural world and we will continue with light and dark
Week 13,14,15 – all about Christmas, following on from Christmas craft day – the Christmas story, nativity play – celebrations and family continued – looking at the bible as a special book for Christians and learning about Christmas traditions.