Monday 9th July – Friday 13th July
- We are learning about Christianity, Bible Stories and the Church. Please discuss the Bible and, if you visit a local church or pass a church, talk about parts of the church, including the exterior features. We will also be visiting Saint Saviour’s Church over the next week.
- The Life Bus will be visiting us next week. Please refer to the separate school letter sent about this event. The children love going on the ‘bus’ especially as they think it will be taking them on another school trip!
- Continue to practise number targets.
- Continue to read every day and record your child’s reading.
- Continue to practise phonics, using the homework in your child’s Blue Books.
- We will be talking about our transition from Reception into Year 1 over the next two weeks. Your children have visited both Year 1 classes, Rabbit and Squirrel, so will be able to talk about what they did there.
Please also talk about:
- Things they are good at, both at school and home, compared to when they started school!
- What are they looking forward to in Year 1?
- What are their favourite memories of Reception?
- Any questions they might have about moving class…
Our learning themes this half term are;
- growing and plants and seeds – linked to Jasper’s beanstalk and Jack and the beanstalk and the parable of the sower
- minibeasts – linked to the hungry caterpillar, non fiction books around minibeasts and their habitats and our school trip/forest school
- The church – special places/buildings – linked to what makes a place special
- Transition and moving up to year one