Monday 15th June and Monday 22nd June
Over the next 2 weeks, we are learning about mini-beasts and their habitats, focusing on slugs, snails and ladybirds.
- Research mini-beasts, using non-fiction books and the Internet.
- Talk about where mini-beasts like to live. Discuss the different environments, thinking about why they might live there.
- Go on a mini-beast hunt in your garden, or local field and woods.
- Count the different types of mini-beasts – try keeping a tally or chart of mini-beasts found during a day or week.
- Talk about their symmetry – draw some mini-beasts.
- Continue to practise your Number Targets.
- Continue to read every day and log book titles in the yellow Reading Record. Your child can write the book titles in themselves now.
Continue to practise phonics, using Phase 2 and 3 guidance in your child’s Blue Books – use PhonicsPlay to help revise these Phonics.