Monday 15th July – Friday 19th July
- Please continue to talk about our transition from Reception into Year 1. The children will be writing messages for their new teachers, expressing what they are looking forward to in their new year. We will also be watching the Year 2 Leavers’ Assembly. This is a very exciting treat for the whole school!
- We will be visiting St Saviour’s Church. During this visit we will discuss features, inside and outside, of the church. Please talk with your children about the Christian church and why it is important to Christians.
- We are being visited by a travelling theatre group this week. The play we will be watching is based on ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Feel free to talk about the story with your child at home.
- Continue to practise number targets.
- Continue to read every day and record your child’s reading.
- Continue to practise phonics, using the homework in your child’s Blue Books.
Please bring in a large, named carrier bag
(by Thursday) so your child can bring home all
their wonderful work!
Our learning themes this term are;
All About Me
The children will be discussing what makes them special and learning about similarities and differences between each other. They will be looking at how they have changed since they were a baby. They will also be learning about families, including who is in their family, who they live with, how their families may be different from other families and writing about their grandparents.
The children will be investigating man-made and natural materials, through stories such as Noah’s Ark, Three Bags Full and The Blue Balloon. They will also have a pirate themed week, when learning about water.
The children will be learning about different forms of transport, including land, sea and air. They will also be asked to go on a train ride, to help deepen their understanding of different forms of transport.
The Easter Story and Signs of Spring
The children will share Bible stories about Easter as well as learning about Spring and new life.