Year 1 Learning Objectives
Autumn Term w/b Monday 13th September
- To say a sentence aloud before writing it down.
- To use descriptive language to write about a farm animal eg The pink pig rolled in the sticky, brown mud.
- To revise the phase 3 sounds ‘sh,’ ‘th’ and ‘ee.’
- To say the number that is one more or one less than a given number.
- To add two groups together to find a total using counting.
Science – To draw and label the external parts of the human body.
Computing – To identify a computer and its main parts.
Music – To perform a steady beat at two different speeds.
RE – To identify and label the features of a church.
PSHE – To understand how humans grow and change as they get older.
Geography – To identify the features of a seaside. E.g. Pier, Lighthouse, Promenade.
PE – Games: To bounce a ball with control.
Gym: To repeat different rolls and begin to link basic gymnastic movements.
Art – To make a collage in primary colours and to talk about the artist Piet Mondrian.