Class learning objectives
w/b Monday 9th March 2020
- To write an adventure story with a beginning, middle and end.
- To use the ‘oo’, ‘ue’ and ‘ew’ phoneme as in ‘moon’, ‘blue’ and ‘grew’.
- Problem Solving – To think about a problem, decide what to do, then work it out.
- Money – To find totals and change up to 10p, 20p, then £1 and beyond.
Year 1 Parent interviews – Thursday.
Science – Winter/Materials
DT/Geography/History – Homes
Spring Term 2020
In year 1 this term our themes are:-
- Looking at different types of homes now and in the past. What they are made of, what they are like to live in and how they compare to the homes we live in.
- Investigating different materials and what they are used for.
- Finding out about Winter and how it is different from Autumn.
- Finding out about who Christians believe Jesus is and why he told parables.
- Looking at work by the artist L.S.Lowry and emulating his style.