Spring Term 2019
In Year 1 this term our themes are:-
- Looking at different types of homes now and in the past. What they are made of, what they are like to live in and how they compare to the homes we live in.
- Investigating different materials and what they are used for.
- Finding out about Winter and how it is different from Autumn.
- Finding out about who Christians believe Jesus is and why he told parables.
- Looking at work by the artist L.S.Lowry and emulating his style.
Class learning objectives
w/b Monday 13th May 2019
- To write a recount about our day at Nower Wood.
- To use the ‘er’ and ‘our’ phonemes as in ‘her’ and ‘hour’.
- To subtract from 10, 20, 100 and find the difference between 2 numbers.
Nower Wood outing – Thursday
Science – Winter/Materials
DT/Geography/History – Homes