Spring Term 2019
In Year 1 this term our themes are:-
- Looking at different types of homes now and in the past. What they are made of, what they are like to live in and how they compare to the homes we live in.
- Investigating different materials and what they are used for.
- Finding out about Winter and how it is different from Autumn.
- Finding out about who Christians believe Jesus is and why he told parables.
- Looking at work by the artist L.S.Lowry and emulating his style.
Class learning objectives
w/b Monday 18th March 2019
- To write a recount.
- To use the ‘al’, ‘our’ and ‘au’ phoneme as in ‘all’, ‘four’, and ‘caught’.
- To be able to count in 2’s and 10’s.
- To be able to count in 5’s to 50.
- Looking at odd and even numbers.
- To use counting in 2’s 5’s and 10’s in problems.
Outing to Windsor Castle on Tuesday!
Science – Winter/Materials
DT/Geography/History – Homes