WB 13.07.20 and 20.07.20
This is the last set of home learning we will be sending for you.
Please complete as many of these activities as you wish. As always, we would encourage you to make sure there is a balance between home learning and family time during these exceptional times.
This week we are consolidating our learning and thinking about your time in year two.
- Can you be a detective and solve the mystery of the missing sunglasses and work out who stole them? Complete the Emoji Mystery worksheets. These are all using your knowledge of spelling and grammar.
- Complete the sandcastle crossword. Look carefully at the clues that go across and down. Remember to use some of the letters you fill in to help you guess the other clues.
- Fill out the A-Z of the year. Think about all the lovely, fun things we did in Year 2 at school before we went into lockdown. You might remember the activities and workshops we participated in, some of the topics we were learning about, funny moments that happened in class, sports activities you enjoyed, things your teachers have done, friends and things you did in the playground….. the list is so long! eg. A is for….. acting as a king in the Christmas play, B for bandaging patients with Florence Nightingale.
- Complete the ‘What I loved this year’ sheet with all the lovely things you have enjoyed and are special in your memories of Year 2. Decorate colourfully the sheet to keep for future years.
- Go back and pick out some of your spellings from your book, that you have got wrong this year or have found tricky. Learn these ones this week and get someone to test you on them.
- Can you help Detective Gnome solve the mystery of the naughty gnome in Gnome Valley? Work out the problems to discover which naughty gnome is behind the devious deeds?
- Complete the Summer maths booklet sent last week.
- Do your 3 lots of RM Maths.
Topic / Other
- PSHE – What would you like to be when you grow up? Draw a picture of a person showing what you would like to be and what you would wear if you did this job. This is the last sheet for your leavers year book so you can now make it up into a book for you to keep.
- RE – Christians go to church to pray. Part of praying is saying thank you to God for all that we have. You have a lot to be thankful for as you move on from Valley End. Write and illustrate your own prayer to say thank you to God for all the lovely experiences you have had at school.
- History – Learn about a new significant person from the past. Look on the BBC bitesize website https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf49q6f
Choose one of the famous people from the list that we haven’t learned about in school so far. Make an informational poster about the person.
Why are they significant? How do we remember them? What important things did they do in their lives? When were they alive?
- PE with Joe Wicks 9am. Although he is now only live streaming on Mondays and Wednesdays you don’t have to do them on these days!
Search YouTube for the body coach tv (no subscription needed)
Set up your own fitness circuit. Do 10 star jumps, 10 seconds of running on the spot, 10 bunny jumps etc…. or how many can you do in 30 seconds?
Play some games outside in your garden or the park. Go on a walk or bike ride to keep active.
- Make a cartoon strip for your newspaper or a joke page.
- Continue having a go at some online maths:
https://www.themathsfactor.com/ This is currently free to use. There is a live session every day at 1pm with Carol Vorderman (some sessions may be too challenging for year 2 children).
Lots of maths and READING resources including games and activities.
There will be no Zoom calls this week as you will have all been in to school. We are looking forward to seeing you all in person.
Above all continue to have fun, stay safe and let us know what you have been getting up to.
We hope you have enjoyed the many and varied activities over the last 3 months or so. You have lived through an important time in history and you will remember this forever.
Mrs Caldwell and Mrs Youle xx 😊